Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday 10/16

I had an interesting weekend.
I met a friend for drinks Friday night. She had to go to a wedding in Vermont the next morning so she left at 9:30 or so.
Finding myself in the Blackstone Valley on a Friday night by myself, I decided to stop at this new place the 50's Lounge...
I stayed for about 45 minutes. I left, feeling depressed, despite "the cowboy" being there. Where does one get leather shirts anyway?
Saturday I spent with a friend. We went to Providence. Unfortunately our destination was not one of the plethora of strip clubs to be found in Providence. Instead I found myself at a store that sells $160 jeans.
I did a bit of shopping myself in the Tommy Bahama section. Now I just need to lose 97 lbs and I'll be "stylin' ".
Pissant lawyer once said of me "That Charlie, he's all id"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego
Saturday, my friend said "Charlie does pretty much whatever the hell he wants".
I'm struck wondering; is that a bad thing?
I do some things that I don't want. I go to the dentist, I pay my taxes, I contribute to my 401(k).
I'm employed, I drive a decent car, I go to church (occasionally). I think that some people envy my freedom. If they have a problem with me, screw 'em.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leather shirts????????


You have to take me there! :)

Ulli

Thursday, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home